Double click on above image to view full picture
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Availability: 1 in stock
Renting is available in store only.
* If the item is not available for renting, renting it for 2 weeks allows us to unpack a brand new game and rent it.
The most prominent of the launch title for the Sony PlayStation Vita handheldGolden Abyss features an all-new story revolving around the adventures of treasure hunter Nathan Drake, as well as controls optimized for play on the PS Vita. Features include: a combination of touch pad and motion-sensing controls, as well as Adventure and Puzzle-solving gameplay.
Drake Pushed To The Edge of the Golden Abyss
Uncover the dark secret behind the 400-year-old massacre of a Spanish expedition as Nathan Drake follows the murderous trail of an ancient and secret Spanish sect. Caught in the middle of a rivalry between his old friend, Jason Dante and Marisa Chase, the granddaughter of an archeologist who has mysteriously vanished without a trace, Nathan Drake races into the treacherous river basins, undiscovered temple ruins and karst caverns of Central America in search of a legendary lost city, only to find himself pushed to the edge of the Golden Abyss.
Uncharted Gameplay Optimized with Vita Functionality
In addition to the standard analog stick controls found in Golden Abyss, PlayStation Vita's innovative control set brings a fresh feel to the well-known acrobatic and puzzle-oriented gameplay of the Uncharted game series. Using the handheld's front and rear touch pads players can more fluidly move laterally, or up and down a wall that Drake must explore. Touch functionality is also used to make charcoal rubbings of found relics, as well as arrange puzzle pieces into the correct configuration for puzzle-solving. Similarly, touch screens can be tapped to move Drake across non-continuous surfaces such as handholds at irregular increments, dilapidated bridge planks and tricky river crossings. Tapping is also utilized as a fast means of switching weapons in combat situations. In addition to this, the motion-sensing controls of the PS Vita's internal gyroscope allows players to balance Drake as he crosses slippery logs, and serves as an aiming method when shooting at enemies. In the latter situation, just point the Vita in the direction you want to shoot, line up you target and pull the trigger.
Key Game Features
- Experience the adventure of uniquely acrobatic Uncharted gameplay, optimized with PlayStation Vita controls
- Touch, and tap the screen to swing, jump, and traverse non-continuous game sections, like crumbling bridges and river crossings
- Rub the screen to take important imprints of in-game relics found
- Utilize the motion-sensing controls of the PS Vita's internal gyroscope to balance Drake as he crosses slippery logs, and as an aiming method in shooting situations
- Puzzle solve as you collect the relics hidden throughout the game
- Through utilizing the technology of the OLED screen, Uncharted: Golden Abyss delivers the signature Uncharted cinematic experience on the go